By Michael McMullan
JAMES McCartan’s first game in his latest stint as Down manager will be a trip to Ballybofey to face Donegal next week.
The Dr McKenna Cup returns in the new year, with Armagh hosting Cavan in the first game on Thursday, January 6.
Each county will have one home game and one away game, with the teams who finishes top of their section progressing to the semi finals, alongside the best placed runner up.
The Semi Final draw will be conducted after Round 3 has been completed and repeat pairings will be avoided.
Section A: Donegal, Down and Antrim
Section B: Tyrone, Armagh and Cavan
Section C: Monaghan, Derry and Fermanagh
Thursday, January 6
Armagh V Cavan at Athletic Grounds (8.15)
Friday, January 7
Donegal V Down at Pairc MacCumhaill (7.30)
Derry V Monaghan at Owenbeg (7.45)
Round 2 Sunday, January 9
Monaghan V Fermanagh at Castleblayney (1.30)
Round 2 Tuesday, January 11 (8.15)
Down V Antrim at Páirc Esler, Cavan V Tyrone at Kingspan Breffni
Round 3 – Saturday, 15 January 15 (1.30)
Antrim V Donegal at Corrigan Park, Tyrone V Armagh at O’Neills Healy Park, Fermanagh V Derry at Roslea
Semi Finals: Tuesday, January 18
Final: Saturday, January 22
- All nine Ulster counties will participate in the 2022 Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup.
- Each county will have one home game and one away game.
- The counties who finish top of their section will progress to the semi finals, alongside the best placed runner up.
- The Semi Final draw will be conducted after Round 3 has been completed. Repeat pairings will be avoided.
- The venues for semi finals and final will be determined by Comhairle Uladh CCC.