The Danske Bank Ulster Schools All-Stars for the 2018-19 season have been named with fifteen different schools represented for the first time ever.
Each player took part in two trail games after being nominated initially, by their schools to attend the games.
For the first time ever fifteen different schools are represented across the team with both Naoise Ó Mianain (Lumen Christi) and Michael Convoy (St.Patrick’s Academy) starting their careers at different schools.
Matthew Murnaghan becomes the first player from the integrated sector to win an All-Star after helping Drumagh Integrated break the mould two years ago by claiming the JJ Reilly Cup.
Murnaghan has also been rewarded with a call-up to the Tyrone senior football panel for the Dr McKenna Cup.
The full all-star winning panel is as follows;
- Shea Magill (St Paul’s Bessbrook)
- Ronan Grimes (Patrician High School, Carrickmacross)
- Naoise Ó Mianáin (St Columb’s Derry)
- Paul Martin (Abbey CBS Newry)
- Brendan McKey (St Malachy’s Castlewellan)
- Matthew Murnaghan (Drumragh Integrated College, Omagh)
- Patrick Brooks (St Colman’s Newry)
- Brandon Horan (St Michael’s Enniskillen)
- Joe Oguz (St Ciaran’s Ballygawley)
- Ben McCarron (Lumen Christi Derry)
- Michael Conroy (St Patrick’s Grammar Armagh)
- Robbie Hanratty (Our Lady’s Castleblaney)
- Ryan McCabe (St Patrick’s Academy Dungannon)
- Mark Hayes (Omagh CBS)
- Tiarnan Quinn (Holy Trinity Cookstown)