+44 (0)28 8224 3444
Gaelic Life Mast Head
Advertisement

Tyrone players address finance claims in statement

POINT OF VIEW...Sean Cavanagh has released a statement on behalf of the Tyrone squad

POINT OF VIEW…Sean Cavanagh has released a statement on behalf of the Tyrone squad

TYRONE captain Sean Cavanagh has issued a statement refuting claims that the senior team are not well resourced by the county board.

The statement comes in the wake of claims by a player that the county board were hurting their All-Ireland aspirations with alleged cuts.

The unnamed player sent an email to Newstalk last week out-lining his concerns, with county chairperson Roisin Jordan responding by saying that the county executive was fully behind Mickey Harte and his team.

Jordan’s position on the matter has now been strengthened by Cavanagh’s statement, released on behalf of the Tyrone players.

“On behalf of the Tyrone senior football squad (2017), I wish to make it known that we are very well resourced by the County Board, Club Tyrone and our other sponsors and brand partners,” said the Moy man.

“Yes, there were some issues of a minor nature but these matters are being addressed. We are most grateful for the continued support of the County Board, Club Tyrone and our other generous sponsors.”
comment@gaeliclife.com

GAELIC Life columnist Kevin Cassidy is expecting another full-blooded clash when Donegal host Tyrone in Division One this Saturday.

Emma Hegarty says that last year the Tyrone ladies were poorly supported by the county board.

SIGERSON CUP winner Cathal McShane has links to the competition that few can lay claim to.

Top
Advertisement

Gaelic Life is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. 10-14 John Street, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, N. Ireland, BT781DW